QUEZON CITY (PIA) -- Registration of SIM Card is easy and it is free. All existing subscribers are required to register because failure to do so will result in their deactivation.
Follow these three (3) easy steps to register:
Step 1: Accomplish the registration form electronically through the secure platform or website provided by your telco provider;
For DITO Subscribers: https://dito.ph/RegisterDITO
For Globe/TM/Gomo Subscribers: https://new.globe.com.ph/simreg
For Smart/TNT/Sun Subscribers: https://smart.com.ph/simreg
Step 2. Submit a valid Identification card.
a. For individual end-user, ANY of the following identification cards or documents with photo shall be presented :
- Philippine Identification System ID, or Philippine Identification Card;
- Social Security Service ID;
- Government Social Insurance System e-Card;
- Driver's License;
- National Bureau of Investigation clearance;
- Police clearance;
- Firearms' License to Own and Process ID;
- Professional Regulation Commission ID;
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines ID;
- Overseas Worker Welfare Administration ID;
- Bureau of Internal Revenue ID;
- Voter's ID;
- Senior Citizen's card;
- Unified Multi-purpose Identification Card;
- Persons with Disabilities card; or
- Other valid government-issued ID with photo.
b. For judicial entity end-user, ALL of the following shall be presented:
- Certificate of Registration; and
- In the case of corporations, duly adopted resolution designating the authorized representative, and in the case of other judicial entities, a special power of attorney.
c. For minor end-user, the registration of the SIM shall be under the name of the minor's parent or guardian and ALL of the following shall be presented:
- ANY of the identification (ID) cards identified in section a; and
- Consent of the minor's parent or guardian, to register the SIM.
d. For foreign national end-user visiting as tourists. ALL of the following shall be presented:
- Proof of address in the Philippines (i.e. booking in a hotel or other type of accommodation, or in the absence thereof, an affidavit/letter from the owner of the house or residence where such foreign national will stay); and
- Return ticket to own county of the tourist or any other ticket showing the date and time of departure from the Philippines.
e. For foreign national end-user with other types of visas, ALL of the following shall be presented:
- Passport (i.e., copy of the bio-page and pages where the type of visa is stamped or shown);
- Proof of address in the Philippines (i.e., booking in a hotel or other type of accommodation, or in the absence thereof, an affidavit/letter from the owner of the house or residence/space where such foreign national will stay); and
- Other pertinent documents, whichever is applicable:
- Alien Employment Permit issued by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE);
- Alien Certificate of Registration Identification Card (ACRI Card) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) or other types of official ID issued by any other visa-issuing agency;
- School registration and ID for students; or
- For Persons of Concern or POCs, the type of travel or admission document validly issued by the Department of Justice.
Step 3. Submit and wait for confirmation from your telco provider.
Meanwhile, postpaid subscribers are required to confirm their information and data included in the SIM register through the platform or website provided by the telco provider. All prepaid SIM cards in the market are in a deactivated state and will only be activated upon completion of the registration process.
While for those living in geographically isolated and disadvantaged areas (GIDAs) without internet, the Inter-Agency Ad Hoc Committee composed of the DICT, the National Telecommunications Commission (NTC), the Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG), the Department of Justice (DOJ), Department of Education (DepEd), Philippine National Police (PNP), Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP), other government agencies and PTEs will facilitate the SIM card registration.
If there are complaints or need assistance with the sim card registration process, please call DICT Complaint Center Hotline 1326 under the Cybercrime Investigation and Coordinating Center (CICC). (KSAA – PIA CPSD)