TUGUEGARAO CITY, Cagayan (PIA) - - Tropical Wind Signal No. 3 may be raised and experienced in the northeastern part of Cagayan, including Calayan Group of Island and Batanes province in the next few hours as typhoon Betty continuous to move northwestward.
Romeo Ganal, weather specialist of PAGASA Northern Luzon Bureau, said the typhoon will likely become slow-moving or almost stationary by Tuesday while over the east of Batanes but it will resume moving north or northeast by mid of Wednesday or Thursday.
"Betty may be downgraded into severe tropical storm category on late Thursday or early Friday," Ganal said.
As of press time, Tropical Wind Signal Number 1 is now raised in Batanes, Cagayan including Babuyan Island, Isabela, Quirino, and in the northeastern portion of Nueva Vizcaya.
On the part of the Office of the Civil Defense, Regional Director Leon Rafael urged all Local Government Units that may be severely affected by the typhoon to implement pre-emptive evacuation today.
"LGUs that may be affected should now start conducting pre-emptive evacuation before the strong wind and heavy rains will be experienced and before night time as it is very difficult to do evacuation at night time," Rafael said.

Emma Sacdalan of DILG Region 2 said all LGU operation centers have been activated since May 26 and the disaster risk reduction and management council members are now monitoring the effects of the typhoon in their respective areas of responsibility (AOR).
"We also issued a memorandum to all LGUs highly encouraging the presence of local chief executives (LCEs) in their AORs," she said.
Disaster Focal Person Elsbeth Maralli of DILG also stated that all foreign travels of LCEs supposed to be this week were all recalled while those who traveled last week are now back to their respective LGUs. (OTB/PIA Region 2)